Friday 26 November 2010

Reflections on Assigment Two


This is the final 3 block print I produced. I struggled with the registration but this was the best I could do. I like the colours and the basic design but it's not up to the quality to which I aspire.

I found this assigment technically difficult and needed to develop new skills and invent techniques. I think this is part of the problem with doing a distance learning course, you can't watch a tutor and copy them you have to work out everything for yourself. To be honest I still haven't mastered consistently transferring a flat layer of ink from the block onto the paper. I feel like buying a simple press as I'm sure it would make it easier but I must be able to get acceptable results without, I'll just have to keep working at it.

I have included my tutors report of the work I sent on a separate page. It contains some useful comments and is very encouraging.

I knew very early on what the subject matter for the last assigment would be but for the next one I have no ideas. I think I need to go back to my sketch book and just draw and collate for a while. The weather is getting perishingly cold which will make printing in my shed a labour of love and Christmas is coming which is bound to disrupt printing so I'm planning to get the next assignment in before the middle of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment